Whiskey Row Lofts encompasses 120,000 square feet of gorgeous historic buildings dating from the 1870's plus some beautiful new construction
The corner building, 131 W. Main Street, was built by the L&N Railroad as it headquarters. Its history is reflected in a massive grand staircase that runs from the ground floor to the top floor of the building. Ceiling heights are up to 16'; many windows are 11' or more. Massive interior double doors reach to over 14'. The buildings include wonderful details such as extensive molding, elaborate door hardware, exposed brick and many cast iron mantel pieces.
127 W. Main St. was built in 1869 by John Andrewartha, who also designed the old Louisville City Hall. The current building sits on the site of the old Galt House and first housed B.F. Guthrie and Co., a business in the iron trade. During the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it contained numerous distilleries, such as Bonnie Bros., J.B. Wathen and Co., Old Times Distillery Co. and Glenmore Distillery.
An interior courtyard connects the 2 buildings and allows an unusual amount of natural lighting and views seldom found in downtown historic renovations. Several skylights create interior light in the former attic spaces, and some units feature small balconies or semi-private terraces.
The mixed-use development includes several restaurants, many live-work and office configurations, corporate entertainment and residential suites, apartments, and special event spaces. CITY Properties Group partnered with siblings Valle and Stephen Jones to bring these beautiful buildings back to life. Read more about the project and partners